Thursday, July 9, 2009

1000Markets....Not Impressed So Far...

I just received an email from a women at 1000Markets. She apparently wants to me to re-do photos that I have on my account that are currently just of the fabric print option for my baby-to-toddler bibs! I am supposed to only post photos of the finished products and until I do so my shop won't be published! A few of my photos are just to show the fabric because I am still painstakingly cutting and pinning together dozens of bibs, but wanted customers to know that those prints are currently available for them as I make them to order! I replied to her email by telling her just that, and then lastly asked her why she is so concerned with my photos being of the fabric options available, especially when I do take custom requests--and other photos showing my bibs finished can be seen in that shop!! She didn't say who she was, or anything--no "so and so, Senior Editor" or whatever--no title, nothing. So as of right now, I am not too impressed. If they do have a photo policy then it should be very clearly stated when you are loading your photos. And if they are going to send a message like that, it needs to be more professional in my opinion. At least if she told me who SHE is in regards to writing to me, I may be a bit more calm. But get serious--handmade items are frequently made to order and are custom!! I will post back when I get another reply. As for my fabric shots? They stay. I have about 3 dozen bibs awaiting stitching and I'm sorry if I wanted my customers to have the option of selecting a fabric that I do have on hand, but not in finished product (it takes me about 2 hours to make one bib, so even if someone ordered one right now I'd be able to mail it first thing in the morning!).

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought about Hyena Cart ? I was thinking about also opening an etsy shop for my diapers but I'm not so sure now ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard about Hyena Cart. I'll have to check that one out, too. Etsy may work for some people, just not so much for me. And I just didn't really like seeing all the negative publicity out there...but you should check it out to see if it would work for you or not. That was just my opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read similar things in regards to 1000Markets. I followed the blog of and interacted on occasion with one of the Etsy sellers that was part of founding that new venue, so I want to think good things about it. But it seems that it's not really working for too many people.

    ReplyDelete